Managing windows in Panther

RonaldMacDonald

Registered
When I upgraded from OS9 to Jag, I didn't like the new windows. And now that I upgraded to Panther, I like them even less. Perhaps I am old fashioned but I like to work with many windows open at the same time. I like my folder windows in list view. I like to keep the windows as small as possible so I can see just the list (without modify dates, etc). That way I have plenty of room on my desktop for work.

I know how to make a Panther window small, like in OS9 (no tool bar, no side bar). But how can I do it so that all the folders/windows are like that as a default when opened for the first time?

define the size of the window as you want and just close it. From now on any window you open will be in that size.

What do you mean by "define the size of the window as you want?" Do you mean just to resize it to your linking using the mouse? I tried it that way but it did not affect all windows.

Is there a way to set all windows to open in list view and with no side bar and tool bar?

RonaldMacDonald said:
What do you mean by "define the size of the window as you want?" Do you mean just to resize it to your linking using the mouse? I tried it that way but it did not affect all windows.

Is there a way to set all windows to open in list view and with no side bar and tool bar?

If you close all of your windows, then open a new finder window to make sure you only have one open, change the size and view options to your liking then close it, the next time you open a window it should remember the previous settings and be the same as before. If it does not remember you may need to log out and back in to get it to work.

Back