Maximize Windows

wurf

Registered
Hi guys!

I've switched from Windows/Linux to Mac. I use OS X and I want to maximize windows. Yes that's all I want, to maximize windows!
When I click the green button it only zooms to a size, the application thinks is enough.
But sometimes I want to maximize the window, no matter if it seems useful or not.
So I only want to maximize windows like in Windows, please help me!

Michi

Michi,

Welcome to the Mac. Things are different here. We value screen real estate. Applications generally don't attempt to "take over" your entire screen. When you click the green button, the application is supposed to make the window large enough to show the contents of the window, but no more.

If you really do want to dedicate your entire screen to a single window, you have to do it manually. Drag the window to the upper left corner of your screen, then resize it down and right to the lower corner.

In time, I think you'll appreciate the Mac way.

Chris

I have to admit that as a former Windows user, the inability to do something as simple as maximizing the screen is ridiculous. Of course, there are pluses for both operating systems. The only reason I like OS X so much more is because there's no registry, it's more secure, and I don't have to worry about virii, and when I put my computer to sleep, I can actually expect it to wake up without causing problems.

Hi!

Thanks for your answers!
I think you are, right but a little tool that changes the behavior of the windows to a windows-like one would be nice, especially for newbies!

Bye,
Michi

In some apps if you hold a certain key while clicking the Zoom button, it'll do the full size. I dunno which apps, but some do.

Frankly, I don't know how I ever got along with that feature in Windows. I like the zooming.

Unfortunately, one day the biggest PC Zealot came over and showed me a Flash file. He said "How do you make it Full Screen?" He used that as cannon fodder to make fun of Macs even more. I wanted to punch him in the mouth. Ignorant PC user.

Basically, if every Windows user in the world switched to Macs. He'd be the one person keeping Microsoft in the OS business.

Back