MBP Video Problem

ahetherington

Registered
Hey all

I've got a mac, 2 weeks out of warranty :( and just today it started failing on me. I first noticed something up when i had a little pressure on the hinge from one leg when it was on my lap and the screen started jumping up and down. I picked it up and it stopped. I made note and it would do it occasionally. Today however, I opened it up, the screen was black and the in the middle of all the edges it started fading to gray. The picture of my desktop would appear but not display what was changing on my desktop (mouse movement etc). It will flicker and get all hazy and then snap back to normal and then get all hazy and jump around. I shut it down and turned it on like an hour later, it had a better image but would not stop jumping up and down. Now, it jumps, but if I move the screen back and forth, sometimes it stops sometimes it doesnt. Totally weird problem, and right when i decided to post, I saw the post about all the 8600gt chips being defective. I contacted apple and they said there is nothing they will do- they want 2028.00 to fix it!!!!! Any advice? Is it my video card?

Thanks a ton in advance!!!!

Back