Medal Of Honor

Splinky

Registered
I tried loading the game "Medal Of Honor" on my sisters new I-mac. The installation went fine. But when i treid to open the game I got the error "Could load Font Verdana". I looked in the Font folder and saw that there was a font titled Verdana. I placed it in the trash temporarily. Same error.
I tried it on 10.1 and then on 9.2
Still same problem.

I have no problem running the game in my machine. 10.2.1

Any ideas on what to do?

Not really a patch, update, sorry to sound misleading.

This is what it says on Aspyr's web site:

Version 1.12
This update fixes a level-loading crash, improves performance in Mac OS X and with dual-processor computers, and also restores the 3D sound function.

If you go to Aspyr's web site http://www.aspyr.com/mini-sites/medal/

under the download section you should find the update.

Please say if it fixes your problem.

Cheers

eric

I tried the update and still same problem. Same error.
I even tried reinstalling the game. I'm wondering if updating the system to 10.2 would help?

That could help, what about that Verdana font, it could be corrupt. Try replacing your sisters Verdana font with yours.

I will try the Font replacement first. If that doesn't work then I will install 10.2 for her. I won't be able to do that til tomorrow.

Thank you for your help.

OK, updater for a Mac user, patch the holes for a gamer. There is a "newer version" of the game. You need that... LOL.

Wasn't meaning to be picky, I thought you was asking a question Plastic, that will teach me not to look at who originally posted the question. ;-)

Back