Media iMac?

thebiggedbig

Registered
Well, I have an old iMac G3 sitting around that I don't use much anymore because I have an amazing G4 tower. It's an iMac DV with 320MB of RAM (only thing upgraded, everything standard - 10GB hard drive, 32MB graphics card,...). I want to use it for something, cause it's a great little machine and runs without any problems at all. One thing I'd like to use it as is some sort of media center.

I've looked around for a way to connect it to a TV, and that is the easy part. The more difficult part is actually using it as a media center. While Front Row is great, it's obviously not legally offered my Apple for any other computer and my iMac probably wouldn't run it anyways. The only other one I could find was CenterStage which is not at the point where I would find it of any use at all.

So, does anyone know of a product that would allow me to view movies, DVDs, and photos, and listen to my music? It would also be nice if it included a way to use hardware and act as a DVR. Or does anyone know of a better use altogether?

Back