Messenger Mac - Reccuring error. Help.

jamesd87

Registered
Ive had a problem with messenger for Mac for sometime now. When i try to sign in using my personal account i get the following error immediately, without any lapse in time.

'Sign in to Microsoft Messenger failed because the service is not available or you may not be connected to the internet.'

While trying to sign in to the same hotmail/live messenger account using Adium i get: 'Error: Unable to connect'

The account and password are active and correct. I use them on other computers both mac and PC as well as using services like Meebo and to sign into my hotmail account.

The internet connection on my computer is active. I am able to browse and use iChat to sign into my AIM and Google Talk Accounts.

I have installed the latest version of Messenger for Mac (7.01)

In my System Preferences/Security/Firewall i have 'Set Access for specific services and applications' enabled. Both MAC Messenger and Adium have 'Allow Incoming Connections' selected.

I have toggled between these Firewall Settings and switched it to 'Allow all incoming connections' but i error persists.

I have attempted deleting the Messenger Preference File, as directed by the Messenger Help Section. That also did nothing.

I have a Macbook Pro 2.4 Ghz with 2GB RAM running Mac OSX 10.5.6 build 9G55.

I have also successfully signed into Messenger for Mac on an iMac on the same wireless network as well as on a windows PC on the same network.

I had this problem in Boston using the Boston University network as well as the Apple Store network and any other network i tried. I am now in the UAE and the problem has not changed.

Back