Microsoft Bluetooth mouse

coarserocks

Registered
Can anyone confirm that Microsoft's bluetooth mouse works with macs. I love the idea of a bluetooth mouse, but I just can't go back to a one button mouse.

MS usually have Mac compatibility, Macs have BT compatibility, so I see no reason for this mouse not to have compatibility.

It would require a bluetooth adapter thou...(may come with it, but then again, it may not)

Here's the link to MS's page about that mouse of theirs:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=001

I think I deserve applause for mauvering through their site...

Here's the system requirements:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/systemrequirements.aspx?pid=001

According to that site, it's Windows XP only. I, however, think that's bullfeces, and if you're a brave enough soul to take the chance, I'd guess you'll find Mac OS X supports it very well...

You can infact use the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse in OS X, altho you can't use their Intellipoint software, so you won't get to program all the million buttons, you'll just have basic three button mouse with scroll wheel capabilities.

Brian

Actually, the extra buttons on the mouse are perfect for Expose, and can be programmed to do this. I only have a 3 button mouse, so I set the scroll wheel button on it to clear the desktop with Expose. Very handy.

Also, USB Oversdrive is, if memory serves, a very handy tool for anything you don't have drivers to. It'll let you put those extra buttons to work...

On amazon.com there are reviews from a few mac users about their experiences with microsoft's bluetooth mouse. So there is confirmation about using it with a mac. They both mentioned the extra 2 buttons were unuseable. However I'm sure USB Overdrive might remedy that.

Sorry for dredging up an old thread, but it seemed better than posting a new thread and getting complaints for not using the Search function :)

It seems the conclusion here is that you Can use the MS bluetooth mouse with Macs. However I am planning to buy a Mac Mini, and I want to get it for as cheaply as possible, so I thought that as the mouse comes with a USB bluetooth reciever, I could skip the internal bluetooth module on the mini.

Basically the question is: Can I use an Apple bluetooth keyboard and MS mouse through the same MS USB bluetooth reciever.

I've talked ot friends with the same mouse kit, and they can use their phones through it at the same time, but a keyboard is not quite the same. Anyone got any ideas?

Ah, going the other way around it, can I use the MS mouse and Apple keyboard through the internal bluetooth module on the Mac Mini?

You should be able to. I purchased the microsoft Bluetooth mouse and used it with my belkin bluetooth adapter. However I had trouble getting my Mac to recognize the Microsoft bluetooth adapter. So, based on my experience I recommend that you get the internal bluetooth with your Mac mini.

Back