Mini Dvi Adapter Doesnt Fit My 1.33ghz Powerbook G4 Like Apple Said It Would

bobbyj1985

Registered
Ok I am not happy with apple sales!!

Well the story goes had an ibook g4 and used a mini dvi adapter to hook it upto my telly to watch my movies, all well and good until i decided to sell that and buy a used powerbook g4 off ebay, its going good got it cheap cause of a faulty superdrive (but that will be another post once i see what the problem is) anyway rang up apple after finding out my dvi adapter doesnt fit, so rang them up told them everything about my pb g4, they sent me out an adapter. well its the same one for my ibook and doesnt fit, so i have posted a picture hoping someone can explain to me how and where to get an adapter that fits in this port so i can hook it upto my telly. Grrr, oh and this forum is wicked!!!!

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 10
That looks like the right port.. do you have a picture of your adapter? It should be mini-DVI, not DVI. Also, it only fits one way. Is the case bent?

No i sold it, but here is the picture of the ibook, there two different ports, the one i have is completely bigger and a different connector look

Attachments

• specs_callouts041804.gif
    specs_callouts041804.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 10
That's the same port that the MacBook has, so buy an adapter that's compatible with the MacBook.

Back