mkae your own fonts?

What would make you think a complicated program like that would be free? :)

Now the other way you could do it (the hard way) is to scan all 26 letters in your own handwriting and put them together, letter by letter.

Yes, these programs are commercial for a reason... designing a vector-based drawing-editing-conversion application coupled with tracking and kerning facilities, doesn't get done in a developers spare time!

Nonetheless, here's a site you may like ;) : http://www.fontifier.com

Now the other way you could do it (the hard way) is to scan all 26 letters in your own handwriting and put them together, letter by letter.

how would you do this?

thanks

Write a, b, c, d, e, f, etc. on a piece of paper. Scan the piece of paper. Then cut out each letter and make a tif file out of it. 26 times. Then in a layout program you can place each letter one by one to make words. This is why I call this the "hard way", but it's interesting. :)

You could just write out what you wanted to say each time, scan into your computer and send it as a .gif or something. I think even that arcane way would beat "the hard way".
That said, I've not messed around with it myself (my handwriting sucks, doctors complain that it's unreadable), but US$99 for a program that can manage that sounds reasonable.

Back