money for macosx borad

instructive - in what way? i haven't heard anything new. just the same complaints that i got tired of hearing when the site reopened at that time.

and since that time, the site has grown in both members and activity. it has done nothing but get better. i have no idea what you still have to whine about. and there is a constant reminder that the site still needs contributions and yet you can see for yourself that they don't come flooding in. when the real choice was between shutting the site down and getting people's attention and shutting it down for good, which one would any of you prefer?

and yes dlloyd, we need posters as well as financial contributors to make the site strong - always have. but how would you suggest that the site could have been left open to a select few based upon 'merit'?

to quote the Eagles - "Get over it".

Originally posted by edX
instructive - in what way? i haven't heard anything new. just the same complaints that i got tired of hearing when the site reopened at that time.

Nobody is forcing you to read this thread, Ed. I personnally find it instructive to have some questions re-emerging soe time after, just to see if opinions have changed or not.

:(

Like I said, I meant to answer a question, I did not mean to bring up this old argument... I agree with toast in his last post, but if I remember correctly, it was a combination of ScottW and Sogni who actually brought the 'debate' back to life.
My opinion (again) is this: I have no problem with the site asking for donations, it all comes down to the way it was done. I think it was too heavy-handed to shut down the site without warning. What I think should have happened is that you asked for donations, if you didn't get enough, then you warn that the site may close for a few days, and if they still don't come in, then close the site. At least then people have a chance to donate before such drastic mesures are used.

Better toast? ;)

Originally posted by toast
Nobody is forcing you to read this thread, Ed. I personnally find it instructive to have some questions re-emerging soe time after, just to see if opinions have changed or not.

:(

wrong. you might notice i am the moderator of this forum. as such, it is my responsibility to read every post in it.

all i can say is that carrying around all this anger at what happened isn't very good for anyone, especially the people who are angry.

Originally posted by edX
wrong. you might notice i am the moderator of this forum. as such, it is my responsibility to read every post in it.

all i can say is that carrying around all this anger at what happened isn't very good for anyone, especially the people who are angry.

You are right, you have to read the contents. But nobody forces you to have an opinion on them ;)

Your second point carries much truth though.

Back