More than one external monitor on an iMac?

Stresspuppy

Registered
I have a 24" iMac (Intel) and currently have a ViewSonic 19" flat panel hooked up to the mini-DVI port in the rear. Everything is working great.

BUT, being the weirdo that I am, I'm wondering if there is any way to hook up yet another monitor? Is there such a thing as a USB video card/adapter that would allow another monitor to be run?

This isn't a need, as I didn't buy it with that in mind. But I have another VS 19" sitting here and thought "Boy, wouldn't it be cool and ultra geeky to have to external 19s hooked up to this..."

Having two 1280 x 1024 VGA (analog) monitors on one iMac wouldn't be very good for adding real-estate. Your 19" probably uses a higher resolution that that, anyways. You'd be better off getting a large, digital monitor - or a PowerMac.

There is an application called "Screen Spanning Doctor" that is intended to allow this, however it looks like it hasn't been updated in the last 12 months and doesn't support Intel based Macs yet. :(

Intel iMacs allow screen spanning, the issue is to have two monitors, plus the iMac monitor.

There is an application called "Screen Spanning Doctor" that is intended to allow this, however it looks like it hasn't been updated in the last 12 months and doesn't support Intel based Macs yet. :(

because all macs now support a fully functioning extra monitor, rendering screen spanning doctor useless for intel macs.

Back