.mov quicktime video files

Radweck

Registered
Hi,
I recently bought .mac and i was aware that i can make a website on iweb. so i made one preety simple. then when i wanted to add a podcast i wanted to use a few short clips from my camera so i loaded them up to iphoto and then i took them to imovie and they started to transfer into imovie i got a error and it stated: unknown error. i tried a few different ways but i couldnt get it so i figured that i would do it the hard way with quicktime cause it was letting me use that and i just copyed and pasted all of the clips into one and i went to save it. the original format was .avi but when i went to save it it changed it to .mov without giving me the option to keep it the way it was i didnt care as long as i could drag the file into my podcast. i did and it worked so i published it. i check it out from my comp. and it worked fine
then no one could watch it i realized after that you could only watch it woth quicktime pro and most people dont have it.
the problem is know that i cant export the file even edit it in .mov no program is letting me change the format unless there was a program i didnt hear of
once it was in .mov i couldnt even edit it

Please help

Ralph

Do you have QuickTime Pro? If you do, then download and install the DivX 6 codec. Also, DivX Doctor II converts DivX-encoded .avi files into .mov. Don't like the first two options, then give ffmpegX a twirl. The takeaway message is that you have several options.

Back