My first mp3 player: 2nd gen. iPod nano :D

jasfa131

The Lone Deranger
I got it, and I must say, i love it! Something strange I noticed, only 1.78GB, instead of 2GB, what's up?

Congrats for the new iPod :)
The size difference is due to formatting - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60955
Most hard disk manufacturers measure disk size this way: 1 MB = 1 million bytes (1000 * 1000). A 4 GB disk, therefore, is one that holds 4 billion bytes. Computers, including Windows computers, Macintosh computers and iPod, measure disk size this way: 1 MB = 1 048 576 bytes (1024 * 1024). The difference in these two calculations is what causes the drive to appear as 3.7 GB on a computer, but actually be a 4 billion byte disk.

yup, it's true. i have 2x 250gb hard drives that both show up as 232gb, my 40gb ipod is 37gb and 80gb hard drives show up at about 74gb.

Nope. The iPod nano does not officially support video playback. Might have some luck using linux on the iPod, but let's be honest, it _is_ a tiny screen, anyway. The iPod 5G is a much better choice for video.

Nope. The iPod nano does not officially support video playback. Might have some luck using linux on the iPod, but let's be honest, it _is_ a tiny screen, anyway. The iPod 5G is a much better choice for video.
no offence but, DUH!, I just wanted to get the most out of what I have ;)

Back