My mini delayed. 15gb for same price. What would you do?

Which iPod?

• iPod mini (4 GB), you will like it more.

• Go for the 15 GB, you will like it more.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fahrvergnuugen

I am the law!
Apparently apple can't make the minis fast enough to keep up with demand (or there is a huge design flaw with the headphone jack and they are scrambling to fix it)

At any rate, my Mini was supposed to ship today. I just got this email:

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for ordering the new iPod mini!

The demand for the iPod mini has been incredible. We are shipping them as
quickly as possible, but we cannot meet the ship date we previously estimated
for you. We now expect to ship your iPod mini in three weeks. If we do not
hear from you prior to shipment, we will assume the revised date is
acceptable, and will ship your order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Your business is very important. If you would like an iPod sooner, we are
offering to replace your iPod mini with a 15GB iPod at no additional charge.
This model usually ships within 24 hours.

So what would you do?

hmmm...I'm having the same dilemna myself... I really want my iPod mini,
but I'm not sure the extra cool factor is worth the wait. Not to mention the fact that I don't like supporting Apple's failure to understand the simple economic principle of Supply and Demand.
Worse, their mistake is claimed as a marketing victory.

Look at the bright side: 4gb iPod=$63/gb; 15 gb iPod=$20/gb
:D

I'd take the 15 iPod (if you don't already have one), then wait for demand on the Mini to subside. Plus, the sound distortion seems to be a minor thing so far (and covered for a year anyway).

get the 15GB. people are reporting the mini going to sh*t after 30-60 days because of a shoddy headphone jack connector. i looked at the mini a month or so ago at an applestore and the build quality is NO WHERE NEAR that of the regular iPod.

Everyone offered an upgrade should take it!!! There are problems with the mini's.

PS: 4gig. vs 15gigs. Thats a no brainer.

Even once they tweek the problems with the 4 gig, still go for the 15.

I will get a mini, once the price difference is big enough, but till then, I will use my 20gig iPod till it dies!!! I love the thing.

Your email was read after your order had been submitted for shipping. At this time, Apple is unable to cancel your iPod Mini. Please let us know if you want to keep the iPod Mini or if you still want the iPod 15GB and return the iPod Mini. We apologize for any inconvenience.

stop toying with me apple!

i honestly would rather have the mini, i have a second Gen 10gb ipod and am planning on buying a 4th gen ipod when they come out. I hate buying stuff at the end of a product cycle... the mini is still new :)

Stick with the mini - I love mine - if it breaks take it back! 1 year warranty! i've had min since the first week - used every day still woking fine!

That's a good sign, actually. It means they have stock and are shipping again. I wonder if they happened to 'fix' this jack problem.

Back