Need help upgrading old power book with vs 10.2.8... please help!!!

You will need to purchase a copy of Panther to install, but at this point you may as well give Tiger a shot.

Yea I would just wait until Tiger is realeased. Paying $129 for Panther and then another $129 for Tiger would be a waste of $129. Just wait until the 29th or preorder Tiger.

How old is this PowerBook? It might not install if it's too old. The oldest PowerBook officially supported vy Panther was the G3 PowerBook "Pismo." This was the last of the G3 PowerBooks and was the only one with Firewire ports. I'm not quite sure if Apple will even oficially support this laptop with Tiger.

Of course, you could try installing Tiger on it with XPostFacto, but YMMV.

Then this means Pismo is supported. Panther wasn't officially supported on Wallstreet, Wallstreet II (which I had checked out to me from work once), and Lombard, so I'm guessing it's the same for those with Tiger. XPostFacto might change this, but when I tried installing Panther on Wallstreet II with XPostFacto it was a no go. All I could do was Jaguar.

nixgeek said:
How old is this PowerBook? It might not install if it's too old. The oldest PowerBook officially supported vy Panther was the G3 PowerBook "Pismo."
Actually the cut off for Panther was the Lombard series (which came with USB and SCSI). The Pismo series (which came with USB and Firewire) is the cut off for Tiger. And of course the Wallstreet series (which came with ADB and SCSI) topped out with Jaguar.

RacerX said:
Actually the cut off for Panther was the Lombard series (which came with USB and SCSI). The Pismo series (which came with USB and Firewire) is the cut off for Tiger. And of course the Wallstreet series (which came with ADB and SCSI) topped out with Jaguar.

Aahh..thanks for that correction. :)

Back