NetNewsWire 2 vs. Safari 2 (RSS)

i must stay that it makes more sense having one application more do things :) easier to use,
of course that does change when going more advanced :)

Well -- the guy who programmed Shiira is on the way of doing something for RSS to, afaik.

NewsFire gets RSS right in my opinion. Adding RSS to Safari is a logical next step, as it will increase RSS awareness and raise it's profile. RSS has already been added to Firefox (in a limited form) and Thunderbird.

and OmniWeb, as mentioned above. :) Makes you wonder whether Apple will still be able to name that feature as something new sometime next year when Tiger comes out. ;-)

perhaps I'm just not a RSS purist, but I can't fully get hooked on any stand alone readers. I've tried NNW, Pulp, newsFire, etc, etc, and while they're all great apps, they don't do it for me.
I use the browser so much, that I constantly want its functionality close at hand. Sometimes I want to check something on the blog's site, or search something, etc. I don't like having to open another window to get the browser functionality.
So I've stuck with the Sage extension for FireFox as my primary rss feed reader. That and the new LIVE bookmarks keep me fed.

it's all just personal preference - the browser is my home, so I don't tend to stray too much.

I've actually started to test NetNewsWire 2 as my primary browser. It uses Safari's prefs, so that's good... Now I only open Safari for special tasks where I have extensive tab-sets bookmarked... But as I _do_ have NNW open all the time, anyway, I rather get rid of a separate browser... Gosh, I'm a FAN of RSS. ;-)

i shoulda researched a little before posting. saw that NNW2 has browser functionality. nice.
i may demo it, but don't know that I'll stray too far...
they're coming along though. (they being rss readers)

with the speculation about google launching a browser, it'd be interesting if they launched some hybrid browser, rss app...i'm not creative enough to think how they could make it revolutionary, but i'm sure someone at google is - if they're actually working on something like this that is.

I get the strong feeling that Google will announce having acquired the world some day.

Back