Network sharing of HP PSC-1210

glen4cindy

Registered
I am a very newbie Mac user here, and have tried a search, but, either am using the wrong search terms or something else is wrong with me.

I have a home network setup with several different computers. This is the only Mac. (Please don't flame me! :) I am learning!!)) I can see all PC's
on the network when using the Mac Mini. I can even access shared files on all of the other PC's on the network.

The problem I am having is with the HP PSC-1210 USB printer attached to one of the PC's on the network. I can see this printer on the Mac, and even have it displayed in the printer list. However, when I try to send a job to the printer, nothing happens. There is no error code at all saying that there was any failure of communication, but, no job prints at all. I can print to the HP Laserjet 5L that is attached to the parallel port on another PC on the network without any problems. I can print to the local USB printer that is a Lexmark with no problems.

Can anyone solve the issue of not being able to print to the HP? The PC that it is attached to is powered on, and I am signing in with my username and password that I normally sign in on that machine with. This PC makes no indication whatsoever that any type of network traffic has been sent to or recieved by it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Mac newbie,
Glen

What drivers are you using? The HP driver included with the printer for Mac is for USB use, not network use. You can download a free set of drivers from: http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3

Another option, which may wind up being easier, is to hook it up via USB to the mini then share it to the PCs.

glen4cindy said:
Can anyone solve the issue of not being able to print to the HP? The PC that it is attached to is powered on, and I am signing in with my username and password that I normally sign in on that machine with. This PC makes no indication whatsoever that any type of network traffic has been sent to or recieved by it.

Try hooking the printer to the Mac and adding it there. If you can't print, then you do not a workable dirver. If, and when, you can print, then post back, and we'll go from there.

Back