Network Sharing

ShadowNinja

Registered
Ok, I'm not sure if this is even possible, probably because I've found no help on the matter, but when you share your music across a network, is it at all possible to share your music from an iPod? In this case, it's a 5G iPod (60GB), if that's any help.

Is this even possible, or is iTunes streaming limited to just the music within your library?

The iPod is designed in such a way that you cannot copy the music from it to anywhere else. This was a measure Apple was forced to take in order to keep the iPod legal enough to be released to market without breaking copyright laws.

That said, there are ways to get the music back off your iPod, such as CopyPod. I've never tried them myself, since all my music is kept in my iTunes library, but I'm pretty sure it works OK.

symphonix said:
The iPod is designed in such a way that you cannot copy the music from it to anywhere else. This was a measure Apple was forced to take in order to keep the iPod legal enough to be released to market without breaking copyright laws.

That said, there are ways to get the music back off your iPod, such as CopyPod. I've never tried them myself, since all my music is kept in my iTunes library, but I'm pretty sure it works OK.

I've already got software for doing that, and yeah, it works fine. I'm supposing that since Apple have taken that measure, I won't be able to share the iPod music over the network. Shame, really.

Back