Networking my printer

jverschu

Registered
Hello MacOSX support team,

I have a Lexmark Optra Rt+ printer and a Netgear RangeMax WPN894 v2 wireless router which is used for wired and wireless internet. Now with my older Lexmark printer and brand new MacMini it may be wiser to network the unit over buying a USB to parallel cord. I played around a bit and noticed in the router setting an "attached devices" box. I noticed the existing device, my computer I guess, has the IP address ending 1.2. The router's ending number on the bottom of the router is ending with 1.1. Pressing the refresh does not change anything still only one device is attached. On the router I see Port 1 in which I plugged the printer into the light turn orange over green which is the light of port 4 in which my computer is plugged into. My printer always beeps when starting it up, indicating that it is missing a network, which I then have to disable. Now with the ethernet plugged into the router it starts up without the beep, indicating some "happiness" at his/her end. However things are not quite there yet and refresh does not do it so what further settings do I need to at to get this printer to work via the network?

Thanks
Jan

Back