Networking with Windows

Paul C

Registered
I have 10.2.3 and want to connect it to my Windows 2000 machine which is going to be an internet and files server, how do I configure my mac? :confused:

I have had Imacs running through 2k server and I think the main settings were done from the microsft end.
On your mac I think its the network settings and turning on appletalk and then setting up the TCP/IP for the windows server. Then setting up 2k for appletalk.

Check the win2k help files.

Hope that points you in the right direction.

Jon

Just had a thought!

Bin windows and use Clarkconnect. (www.clarkconnect.org)
I use it to serve PC's and macs, it has routing, file sharing, email, web and ftp servers. Its free (linux), Easy to use and it will work on a very low spec PC.

Had a 10 PC office running of a P133Mhz with 32MB ram and 1.6GB HDD!!!!!!!!

You do not need appletalk tuned on the PC. OS X works with all that without appletalk!
Are you connecting thru an actual network or just a small home network or what?

I have the same kind of question. My mac is across the room from a little old windows 98 laptop and on the same local network. Connect to from the mac recognizes the PC, and can start connecting to it, but it always gets hung up on user authentication.
I get a samba user authentication window with Workgroup/Domain, Username and password, how can i configure these from the pc? user should be default and no password, but im not sure about wkgrp/dom... As default from the connect to box it is HOME... HOME/Default/ - wont connect though, and i get an error -50.
can anyone help?

I have got my mac usin my PC internet connection but dunno have to have a look at files on PC through my mighty mac?

Sorted I used finder and connected to the network through that, once again the mighty Apple Knowledge database comes in handy :)

Back