New Pro Speakers?

Coming from macwhispers...

Our plastics sources in Taiwan have given us word that Apple is shopping a manufacturer now for a completely redesigned Pro Speaker system. We have been told that the bid deadline is June 1st, indicating near-term production.

All we know at this time is that the new speakers will keep the clear acrylic construction of the present Pro Speakers, but will no longer be round in shape. We have been given a very vague description of the speakers as having "small, rectangular housings.

With the new keyboards, rumored bluetooth mice and now this, it seems the desktop line is getting a total workover...

Well, Apple is all about design. Perhaps these will be the new PM speakers, but I don't see Apple shipping a round based LCD imac with rectangular speakers. Jon Ive knows better than that.

I wish there were no more any rectangular speakers! They are ugly! But hey, look at Pro Speaker, SoundSticks, iSub, Creature. They are gorgeous.

by saying "small rectangular housings" doesn't necessitate a rectangular shape. The entire shape of the speaker could be composed of a few different rectangles at different sizes or positions. There is still much that can be done using rectangles as a basis for the structure.

Let's hope they make a better jod of re-designing the speakers coz the the new keyboard that come with my new e-mac at work is CRAP.

I can't believe none of you caught this. These clues all point to Apple ultimately re-introducing the Cube. I mean, small rectangular speakers, almost cube shaped.. match the form factor of the cube pretty nicely. Also, did the previous Cube have speakers? Will this one probably? Nope! Also, the keyboard had somewhat of hard edges in its design, and it would probably match this as well. Also, it would be somewhat smart re-introducing them with those nice Apple LCD screens out now.

Originally posted by Vyper
I can't believe none of you caught this. These clues all point to Apple ultimately re-introducing the Cube. I mean, small rectangular speakers, almost cube shaped.. match the form factor of the cube pretty nicely. Also, did the previous Cube have speakers? Will this one probably? Nope! Also, the keyboard had somewhat of hard edges in its design, and it would probably match this as well. Also, it would be somewhat smart re-introducing them with those nice Apple LCD screens out now.

...or it could be a hint at an angular nature of the completely redesigned powermac case for the 970 based macs.

What exactly is it that we didn't catch?

Back