New Settings?!?!

CATWEB

Registered
I am having a problem with tiger. Lately, a lot of my applications have been displaying a message stating that new settings have been apply to the application (exactly: "New settings have been created for this application. Do you wish to use these settings from now on?") Everytime I am going to print a document from within pages, the printer pop up thingy displays such messages and I lose my previously saved printing settings I've had the same problem with safari, dictionary. What's going on? it is really starting to get annoying. Please help me!

After upgrading to Tiger, the same happened to me on two apps. I said I did not want to use the new settings. Doing so took care of 1 app. Then, the next time the message came up on the other app, I said, fine, I'll use the new settings. I have not been bothered again.

I restarted and everything seemed to go back to normal so far. Even my previous printer settings were back on the printer dialog. I have no idea what the problem was!

It happens if the application keeps crashing. The system will create new prefs for it to see if that fixes the problem and ask you if you want to use them.

Captain Code said:
It happens if the application keeps crashing. The system will create new prefs for it to see if that fixes the problem and ask you if you want to use them.

Interesting. My apps weren't crashing. Is this feature new to Tiger? i never saw it under 10.3.4+.

Back