newbie closed thread confusion

Easily Confused

Registered
I have only posted one question. Before I posted the question I had checked to see if it had been posted before and found nothing that fit my question. (I know I could have easily missed something though). The odd thing is, I found the answer to my question and was going to post it. That's when I found the thread closed. I did re-read the rules to see if I have broken them in some way. If I did, I don't understand where. I don't want to post another question until I know what I did wrong. I don't want to repeat another mistake. It would help, especially to a newbie like me, to get a brief email that explains what I did wrong. Thank you for any advice on this.

Are you sure you didn't inadvertently close your thread? As the creator of the thread, you do have the ability to close it if I'm not mistaken. The only time the mods here ever close a thread is if it violates any of the board rules.

Thank you nixgeek and fryke. I feel better already, the last thing I would want to do is offend anyone. I know I sound so ignorant, but I didn't know I could close the thread myself!! Now I will check and see how on earth I managed to accomplish that. I very much appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Back