No Applications Start???

Macsith

Registered
All of a sudden I cannot open any apllications!!!!

I ran Disk utillity from the system disks (as I will not run out of the application folder on my HD) and this did not work

I rebooting holding down Apple S and typed fsck -f and -y and that did not work!!!!

Jezzz how can I fix this without installing my OS again

Are the symptoms as I describe in my tread yesterday?

"Mac apps run but don't show"

If so, try to do what Zammy-Sam suggests and let me know what happens.

When i start Mail, Safari, Camino, Apple Update and other Application the dock show me that are opened but don't work. In command-tab i have icon, but in Menu i have always Finder... Is the second time in a week!!!! I don't wont to reinstall all my stuff.
I have Panther 10.3.4 istalled in Ibook G3 800 640 Mb ram. If someone have similar problem or if someone have "the" solution help me... Maybe the problem is 10.3.4? tnx

Pedro

ps Sorry for my orrible English

I tryed to change location for Home=>Library=>Preferences. Mac OSX Work again. Now I'll try to check wich preferences break the system. Too hard maybe. Is it possible that Macromedia check for Unregistred software... ;)

you can copy all those plists from those apps you are quite sure it didn't mess with your system.. One by one

Zammy-Sam said:
why install when a new user account does it all?

I archived and installed, but the problem occurs again (actually 3 times) after a long inactive spell. As I mentioned in another thread, I'll try the new user account when it occurs again and see what happens. This apparently was something that was inherited with the 10.3.4 update.

I was all set to try and sort out the problem this morning expecting my Office Desktop Mac to do what it's done for the last three weekends, but to my surprise, the problem didn't re-occur this weekend. I'll just have to wait until it happens again before I can try Zammy-Sam's solution.

Ugggghhh -- but having a working machine is not so uggggly!

Back