[NO BUG] "quick response" not working

earthsaver

Ben R.
This has now happened twice today and the latter user has explained the context to me. There seems to be a quick response option that doesn't require logging into the site to reply to a tech's last words. I haven't interacted with the site this way, so I'm not familiar beyond this. However, the system seems to be broken, as twice today user responses have been blank. Both have followed up with a working text, presumably by logging into the site to post.

Make this sense you? The latter case, which I think needs to be moved to the forums, is ID 27620.

- Ben

I suppose I could have fully linked the ticket in my post. As noted their, the user's browser of choice is Safari but there seems to be trouble with IE, too. I didn't quite understand the question in the beginning, though.

I.E. has not been updated in a long time and MS has pulled the download. The catch 22 is that there are some banks that insist on customers to use I.E. for online banking.

Have the user select Safari as the default (in Safari's preferences>General) and see if the problem continues.

The new site breaks IE on Mac. In fact, it crashes the site. I have since updated our site to snatch IE Mac users and let them know that we are working on this issue, but it will not be a 100% fix, more than likely - but hopefully usable.

As for the blank response. Unless we see a pattern of this, I will consider this issue addressed.

Back