No Date in menu bar

andrefrancis

... yes it's really me!
Ever since I updated to OSX (10.1 through to 10.2.8 and now to 10.3) I have been unable to get the date to show in the menu bar. This is a basic necessary bit of information that Windows (sorry ... but I had to say the word!) handles well with a mouse over. How can I get it?

Open System Preferences, click on 'Date and Time', click the 'Menu Bar Clock' tab and check the 'Show in menu bar' check box.

That's how it's done in OS 10.2, 10.3 should be similar.

Mat

When I click the time, all I get is a pop-up with an option to go to 'Date and Time ...' but no date appears!

andrefrancis said:
When I click the time, all I get is a pop-up with an option to go to 'Date and Time ...' but no date appears!

You're sure it's not just your eyes? The date is the first menu item, greyed out.

Maybe his computer is like many a high school nerd at the prom, dateless. :eek: :rolleyes:

Well ... yes ... it's my eyes as well ... but when I look really hard again, I see a greyed-out item which currently says "Sunday, November 2003" ... was that always there? ... anyway ... how useful is that???

andrefrancis said:
Well ... yes ... it's my eyes as well ... but when I look really hard again, I see a greyed-out item which currently says "Sunday, November 2003" ... was that always there? ... anyway ... how useful is that???

Isn't that what you asked for? :p
It should show date as well. It reads "Sunday, November 9, 2003" here.

Well, on mine it just says "Sunday November 2003". Can I demand my money back?
Thanks for your help anyway, oh Evil One.

andrefrancis said:
Well, on mine it just says "Sunday November 2003". Can I demand my money back?
Thanks for your help anyway, oh Evil One.

andre, go to

www.versiontracker.com

and search for a program called wClock. It is small, it is perfect for what you want to do. I no longer run the system clock, just wClock. I don't have to mouse over the clock, I just look up there and right now I see "Mon, 11/10 1:42 AM."

Plus there are MANY formats to choose from - check it out.

erik

Back