No help in iDVD forum... Will transparent Apple logo be in final movie?

BlingBling 3k12

Somewhere... dunno though
While watching the Quicktime movies on how iDVD works, it shows a transparent Apple logo... will that be in the final movie? It doesn't matter to me, but it would get a bit annoying after a while.

And I decided to re-post here because it gets WAY more traffic and hopefully someone will have the answer quicker.

ok thanks! maybe we should tell Apple about that... it's OUR dvd, why involuntarily promote the Apple line of products... WAIT! THAT IS A GOOD THING! IT WILL SHOW THAT SOMETHING THIS COOL CAN BE DONE ON A MAC!

I remember a hack from iDVD1 that let you remove the logo. It worked something like this:

"Inside the iDVD package there's a graphic file that is the logo. There may be several, some with alpha channels, etc.

"Don't delete the files outright, but replace them with similarly-sized files with at least one pixel somewhere."

If someone tries it and can provide more specific instructions, that'd be great.

-Rob

I've found the file that's responsible for the watermark...

It's in iDVD2 (Show Package Contents)
Contents > Resources > watermark.tif

However, when I try to delete the white Apple and replace the file, I get a big white block. When I create a 1 x 1 72dpi blank file with nothing in it, I get a 1 pixel white space on the screen where the Apple logo was...

Anybody have any ideas?

can tifs do transparent like other comrpessed graphic formats? If so, you could try creating a completely transparent tif.

How big was the file you deleted? I would suspect to find a 720x480 image, but maybe not.

When you put the 1x1 image in its place, you got just a small 1 pixel marker in the corner of your DVD? That doesn't sound so bad, particularly if you made it a more neutral color.

-Rob

The file is 72x72 pixels, 72 dpi. Still can't seem to figuire out how to get it not to show up at all. Any file your replace watermark.tif with (even if it's 1x1 px transparent) still shows up as a 1 pixel white dot. Better than the Apple logo, but still not perfect.

There is a menu option in the preferences where you can say "Show watermark" hehe....you dont have to hack out the .tif or anything..... :)

Originally posted by AJaX
There is a menu option in the preferences where you can say "Show watermark" hehe....you dont have to hack out the .tif or anything..... :)
kudos dude... hahaha :D

Was that always there, or did it just get added to the iDVD update that came out last month? I don't remember it being there when I originally launched the program.

Either way, iDVD rocks. When I show my friends the DVD's I'm making, and then show them how easy it is to do with iDVD they're shocked. Two of them have vowed to sell their PC's and get a Superdrive enabled Mac just to use iDVD.

i Doh 2!

'Course my excuse is that I don't have iDVD.

I'm surprised Apple's charging for it. It doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of their offerings. I mean, really, how much harm can it be for me to have it if I don't have a DVD burner on my TiBook. I just wanna play.

Sorry for the rambling.

-Rob

I just noticed on the iDVD pages that it has a DVD with a gigabyte of themes and stuff. Maybe that's why Apple doesn't let people download - it's just too stinkin' big. So they just charge a nominal twenty bucks for media and such.

-Rob

That is very funny. I was just getting ready to post an idea about taking screen captures of the iDVD theme, then using Photoshop to eyedropper the color and make a 1 pixel filoe of that color to perfectly blend in. iDVD sounds amazing for what it is. I would buy a new iMac just for that alone.

Back