ntldr missing after mounting external corrupt disk

dagnattland

Registered
When booting to xp i get "ntldr missing".

I got this error after first mounting, in os x, an external disk that i had used in an old laptop but could not use anymore because it gave me that very message "ntldr missing". The disk was mounted as "no name". I deleted everything that was on it. But got an error message when trying to delete the content so I just unplugged the usb. Big mistake.

Next time I booted to xp partition (boot camp) i got the same message that was on the corrupt disk. ntldr missing. And now - in os x I can still see the external disk - no name. However I cant find the partition for my boot camp installation when I go to disk utility.

Running: diskutil list
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *232.9 Gi disk0
1: EFI 200.0 Mi disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 200.9 Gi disk0s2
3: Microsoft Basic Data NO NAME 31.7 Gi disk0s3
/dev/disk1
0: MacFUSE 2.0 *10.0 Mi disk1
/dev/disk2
0: Apple_partition_scheme *18.8 Mi disk2
1: Apple_partition_map 31.5 Ki disk2s1
2: Apple_HFS NTFS-3G 2009.4.4 18.7 Mi disk2s2

Also tried installing macfuse as you can see.

Will it help to unmont NO NAME? Need some pointers please!

Not much response here... Can anyone tell me how you normally should be able to mount the xp partition from os x?

Hope by changing the boot.ini file to fix the ntldr error.

Boot Camp partition should normally able to be seen by OS X.
The BC disk is seen by your DU: 3: Microsoft Basic Data NO NAME 31.7 Gi disk0s3

Do you have on a functional other Windows system the ntldr file you could copy over to the Boot Camp system?
You have MacFuse installed, so forcing the system being mounted should be possible.

Do you have the Windows install discs available? Repair install should not take long and should not overwrite any system files, and should be a fast way for force the ntldr (and possibly other corrupt or missing files) be replaced.

Back