Office X License Information

sigex

Registered
One of the computers on our network is having an Office X license conflict with anotehr computer on the network. I have written down all the License ID #'s but I really need to know what Product Key it is using. I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know how I can retrieve the Product Key (Serial #) being used by this Office X installation?

Launch any of the Office Apps, i.e. Entourage and select "About Entourage" from the "Entourage" menu.

Those numbers are not widely advertised because that would promote pirate copies. (i.e. students could simply grab the serial numver of the software they use at school and distribute that information online).

Have you located the offending machines?

This, although possibly out of your control, emphasizes the need to log software installations for your record.

Where I work a person is responsible for tracking all the serial numbers and where they exist on the LAN. If we are asked to produce information on what software titles we're using, he simply has to print his spreadsheet to provide an accurate account of what has been installed.

Go here for Microsoft's contact information.

Hope this helps.

[the content of this post has been removed by moderator]

Sorry about that, I didn't think that would be in violation to any forum rules. I guess I'll know for next time. :(

Back