Opening Quicksilver CD-R

Dave N

My OS X Goes to XI
Is there a button (besides the keyboard button) or a way on the Quicksilver that will open the CD-R? Is there a way to open the CD-R during the boot process? It is extremely annoying to have to boot into an OS to swap CDs.

What's the matter with Apple that they have stopped putting a force-eject hole on any of the removable media? What are they afraid of? I have the Apple internal Zip drive, and it doesn't have an eject hole either. I had a Zip disk freeze up yesterday, and had to press the reboot button. Every time X started up, it would freeze at the "checking disks" phase. I finally had to boot it with the install CD to get the zip out.

Hold down the mouse button during the power up.

I agree about the eject holes, I don't understand why they keep taking away useful features, and leaving us not only with tech support headaches but giving ammo to the anti-Apple people, thus loosing potential customers and upsetting old ones.

I thought the Quicksilver had an eject hole IN the door bit? Oh, ok then, it doesn't :p Maybe it was the Sawtooth...

I know my iMac doesn't :S

Manually open the door. There is a tiny hole near the right-side door hinge. That's it.

No need to bend our beloved paperclips back into their original shape! :cool:

Manually opening the door is hard unless you have fingernails, which I don't. But I just learned you can put a post-it note on the door and pull slightly and it'll open right up! :D

Thanks dricci and appledoc! That mouse button trick works for stuck zip disks as well!

Back