OS 10.1.3 + NEC = fubar

did they explain what, exactly, the issue is?

Curious...

Also, I copied this thread to OS X section. Please post any troubleshooting-type replies there, any input for apple re: this thread here at the original location. Thanks.

Here’s something Apple knows but won’t tell you: If you’re using an NEC monitor and install Apple’s OS 10.1.3, your monitor will only be able to display 640 by 480 pixels. And the only solution is to reinitialize your hard drive and start over.
Apple’s offering — even “pushing” if you have Software Update set for regular checks — this software, knowing what it can do and failing to warn users is either gross incompetence of cynical indifference, either one on a scale that would do credit to the Redmond Colossus.
After more than a decade of championing Apple and the Macintosh, I feel like a kid who just found out that Santa Claus is a child molester.
Since my investment of most of a workday, $250 for an AppleCare service agreement and two lengthy telephone conversations gained me nothing but an “I apologize; check back periodically to see if we have a solution,” I thought it could at least be invested in warning others.

AK:

I think you should blame me. I "copied" his post to the OS X section but left a copy here as I saw that this thread *could* be both an open letter to apple with comments AND a cry for help in the OS X area...

Maybe I'll just "move" them in the future, but I saw this as a thread with two distinct paths.

Sorry if i ruined your day:p

Oh, and Apple, if you're reading this:rolleyes: , Admiral wants Greek support

Back