OS X.1 Start-up Kernal Panic

LewisJenkins

Registered
Hello all: Big Problem. Got a new (refurbished) 60Gig Quantum ATA HD installed in my B&W 400 mhz G3. Installed OS X on it, works fine. When I upgrade it to OX X.1 my Mac starts up instantly with a kernal panic. It has done this twice. I am only using OX X right now, but want to upgrade. Lost as to what's wrong. One weird thing. I have a Ethernet router hooked up and running, if I turn the router off, my firewire drives are both instantly unmounted and the warning is given by the Mac. Anyone have any light at the end of this tunnel?
Thanks in advance.,.

Funny you should say that...

I've been having a simular problem too... but with v10.1.3 but this time it's on a brand new drive, infact it's the drive that apple supplied. :(

Does your Kernal crash on startup? with loads of text and at the bottom it saids something along the lings of:

'reboot type : r'

but when you goto type 'r' nothing happens? I'm really pissed!!! And Apple support saids it's not hardware!! :confused:

Strange init... I turn off the system wait a moment then try again.. and hey presto... things appear to be fine once again...

Please, could someone shed some light on this misterious problem, as it's quiet worrying.

Ahh... well thats normally caused by a bad installation...

Try checking your system cd.. make sure it ain't dusty. I had that problem too... was caused by a bit of dust... dam it.:(

why can't we have the good old caddys back :D

Back