OS x 10.2.3 and HP IP Printing

winstonc

Registered
Hello.
Have an HP2200 Laserjet, brand new, and printing via IP printing. G4, dual 867 mirrored drives, 1 gig ram. Why is printing so slooooow to the new HP. Have a new Swtich, not a hub. Cabeling has been checked, no problems. Using a router. Why why why? Printing a very simple web page with one graphics. The printer is a 15ppm printer with 16megs of RAM. Should it not scream? Looked at Apple's site and found problems with other HPs but not this one.

Have a great day

-W

Dude! You're gonna have to annunciate your problem better...or just format the sentences properly...kinda hard to read. *l*

If you're using a router with a print server, you're in the same boat as me.

I'm using an smc router (7004abr), and am connecting my HP 932 (dual connection) to my G4 933 via usb (which is fast printing ofcourse), and to my router via parallel port, for my brother's toshiba notebook.

The printing via the router is slow....I believe because it's not asymetrical (apparently, the Dlink router uses the same chipset and is asymetrical). I dunno.

It's slow, but it works...my printer can be off, and as soon as he starts the print job, it turns the printer on and it comes out.

Another way to do it, is to get the Linksys Print Server, that connects up to 3 parallel printers to a box that connects via ethernet to a hub or router, whatever. I'd assume that since it's ethernet connection, it'd be faster.

Right? :->

I am using an HP 4L ("Stone Age") laserprinter and it works very well with 10.2.3. The printer is connected to my DHCP router with print server via parallel port. But I am using gimp-print which makes printouts really fast.

Let me know if you need assistance in setting up gimp-print. If you haven't heard of gimp-print: that's a collection of CUPS printer drivers from linuxprinting.org.

Back