Os X 10.2.4?

Sirtovin

Senior Switcher Tech Guru
Is it correct that this update you will have to pay for it? I read on Apple's site something about $50 dollars for a new upgrade of programs... Any truth to this?

What is going on?
Any info?

In a month or two, new versions of iDVD, iPhoto, and iMovie will be available in a package called "iLife" for $50.

However, these new versions of iPhoto and iMovie will be available free for download, then.

So, basically, fo $50, you're buying the new version of iDVD, with all of it's different themes, which are too big for download.

OS X 10.2.4... this is a rumor that this is the new version of the Mac OS which is on the new PowerBooks..... if this update is for the rest of the public too, it probably most definitely be free.

apple would never dare charge for a x.x.x release.

10.2, that was a major release.... but honestly, an upgrade to a point update? would YOU pay for a 10.2.x release?

if it were worthy of charging, the apple marketing people would make them call it 10.3 at least, or 10.5 .

Mutiple Docking would be nice sorta...

For instance all my Internent programs in one Dock... all my graphics programs in another... and all my utilties in another...

-Minimised DVD always plays
-Documents, Folders, etc. could be in the left side of the Dock and not only in the right
-TRULY transparent so in order to be able to click something beneath it or to be more exact in the areas where the icons leave space in between
-Minimised Web Browsers update their contents to display their contents while downloading or at least an bar indication like Toast's while burning
-Menu items like Time, Sound, Internet connection, etc. could be in the Dock optional
-Show the hidden apps something like TinkerTool
-Being able to move the Dock ANYWHERE in the screen be it the top side or just float ANYWHERE...
-Giving us the ability to enable it or not at ANY given time (and NOT just hiding it!)
-Give us the ability to be able to see multiple windows of apps separately as an option
-Give us the ability to be able to see running apps like in the OS 9 as an option

Now, I don't know if these are improvements or not but at least it would be nice to have them as options yes/no or on/off...

Well what else do you guys wish to see in this next build coming up? Seriously?

Anything new besides more dock functions?

All of you who asked for multiple docks ought to check out F10 Launcher, from Chronos software. It's an launcher that's hidden, is brought up by hitting F10, covers the entire screen transparently, can open any app or doc from the keyboard by typing, is customizable, has multiple launch screens, and is unobtrusive.

I usually don't use system add-ons, but after I watched the demos last week at MacWorld I bought it. I think it's really great, you might too. There is a 30 day trial period.

Chris

I agree that dock customization would be nice! I was thinking of different independent parts of the dock (so you could have a separate dock with some 'monitors' like cycles, memory monitor and network monitor e.g.).
But I would also like to see more customisability in general (including Labels?), beeing possible to activate/de-activate the metal look etc.
Basically I want apple to include some things by default that you now need haxies/tird party utilities for (Codetek Virtual Desktop and Dock Extender, Thinkertools, Unsanity Application Enhancer, Windowshade, Lightswitch,...). I don't have problems with using tird party software of this kind at all. But I am affraid a lot of people don't get into contact (or only after using it for long time using mac os x) with the mentioned software, although it could enhance their user experience/productivity a lot imo.

Just to make sure nobody gets this thread wrong:

- Mac OS X 10.2.4 will be a free downloadable upgrade. It's already installed on the new PowerBooks (12" and 17").

- Mac OS X 10.3 (version number unverified at this point) code name 'Panther' will be a pay upgrade like 'Jaguar' (10.2). Rumours are it will appear in July/August for 129$, but as of yet, that's unverified, too.

Originally posted by fryke
Just to make sure nobody gets this thread wrong:

- Mac OS X 10.2.4 will be a free downloadable upgrade. It's already installed on the new PowerBooks (12" and 17").

- Mac OS X 10.3 (version number unverified at this point) code name 'Panther' will be a pay upgrade like 'Jaguar' (10.2). Rumours are it will appear in July/August for 129$, but as of yet, that's unverified, too.

so what will 10.3 be like? any links? pics etc?

to avoid catching flak from the apple crowd, 10.3 better be a solid releae. people seem to still be bitter about jaguar's price tag (not I, cause got it for free :D )

Back