OS X Tiger?

You know, I felt cheated by Ferrari too when they released the F50 right after I got my F355 GTS. Who would've expected that? I had to spend another day's revenue to get the latest and coolest, else I wouldn't be able to keep up with all the gadgets and stuff. Guess how pissed I was when they released that 550 right before my nose and I had to shell out another hour's salary to get it.
Well, perhaps I should be satisfied anyway since they offer all repairs for free and cover my gas, oil and tire expenses. And perhaps they'll even give me the next model for free, who knows?

;)

ksv, I feel your pain! :)

Speaking of exotic cars, here is something I have done three times and it was a riot. It requires the exact circumstance of being stopped at a light where the exotic (Ferrari, Lotus, Lamborghini...) is the first car at the light and you are right behind them. The split millisecond the light turns green honk your horn in a "what are you waiting for buddy, the light is green" kind of attitude (option: slight hands in the air+ shrug gesture for added emphasis) and quicker than you can say "ego" the guy will tear off the light like a bat out of hell.

karavite said:
ksv, I feel your pain! :)

The split millisecond the light turns green honk your horn in a "what are you waiting for buddy, the light is green" kind of attitude (option: slight hands in the air+ shrug gesture for added emphasis)
You'd be in heaven in Dubai!!! This is just what everyone does there...

Incidentally, when I lived in Egypt, they used to honk at the lights when they turned red!!! ;)

Dubai sounds like Chicago, though without the weather, sunshine, warm water...! :)

I'm kind of bummed Apple will slow down the upgrades. I think each one has had valid amd worthwhile improvments - speed, features, software... Each one has made me feel like I got a new computer (sort of).

I know peeps are upset with the pace/price of the Apple OSX. Here is my perspective from using Apple for many years:
Win95 crushed us, and it appeared that Apple fell behind in development. Apple took a calculated risk switching to X, and it has worked out. X has brought many people over to the Mac platform, and many more certainly taking a closer look at Mac products. PC mag named OSX OS of the year. It may not be a great honor, although my experience is no Mac OS since OS7 has gotten positive recognition, especially from a PC influenced company.
I believe that for once, Apple is two or three steps ahead of M$, and should keep it that way. When M$ releases Longhorn, we know people are going to go crazy, whether it is a good OS or not.
I believe that Apple should recognize loyal customers to their products and offer discounts. Moreover, Apple is giving people amble time to save their pennies if they want to upgrade. :)

karavite said:
I'm kind of bummed Apple will slow down the upgrades. I think each one has had valid amd worthwhile improvments - speed, features, software... Each one has made me feel like I got a new computer (sort of).
me too!!! $0.35 a day ($129/365) for the sweetest O.S. around is my favourite daily expenditure...

:p

ksv said:
You know, I felt cheated by Ferrari too when they released the F50 right after I got my F355 GTS. Who would've expected that? I had to spend another day's revenue to get the latest and coolest, else I wouldn't be able to keep up with all the gadgets and stuff. Guess how pissed I was when they released that 550 right before my nose and I had to shell out another hour's salary to get it.
Well, perhaps I should be satisfied anyway since they offer all repairs for free and cover my gas, oil and tire expenses. And perhaps they'll even give me the next model for free, who knows?

;)

:confused: That is cheap demagogery.

Oh I think was just having some fun! Plus his knowledge of the different Ferrari models was impressive to me! :)

powermac raised what I thought were excellent points. I remember the dark days of Win 95 combined with Apple switching to the ppc and my new ppc Mac taking 2 minutes or something to launch Word 6 (I still think MS did something sneaky with that). Any way I digress (as usual), as powermac gave us a much wider perspective outside personal viewpoints (meaning how upgrades and OS X effects each of us as users/consumers) OSX is THE OS to beat now and every new upgrade puts the vapor ware that is longhorn further from the spotlight.

karavite said:
Oh I think was just having some fun! Plus his knowledge of the different Ferrari models was impressive to me! :)

powermac raised what I thought were excellent points. I remember the dark days of Win 95 combined with Apple switching to the ppc and my new ppc Mac taking 2 minutes or something to launch Word 6 (I still think MS did something sneaky with that). Any way I digress (as usual), as powermac gave us a much wider perspective outside personal viewpoints (meaning how upgrades and OS X effects each of us as users/consumers) OSX is THE OS to beat now and every new upgrade puts the vapor ware that is longhorn further from the spotlight.

That is an optimistic point of view I like to share.

I do know Apple is - afterall - a big business looking for profit. But also, I also believe that Apple's business philosophy does not fall under the say "money at all costs". They sell expensive products but on the other hand they make them of the best possible quality, and best of all, reliable.

NB: KSV, how many cars did you buy today?

Back