OS X Wont remember view options

TiBrian

Registered
How can I make ALL windows use the global view options? Even when I select it from each window, the next time its opened the icons are all over the place and diferent sizes... thanks for any help.

God this problem is annoying. With all the .files that get left in every directory, you would think it could remember viewing preferences and icon placing. I hate having to resort the view everytime I open a directory.

open the terminal and type

sudo find / -name .DS_Store -exec rm {} \;

it will ask you for your password, type your password, it will look like you are typing nothing but you are. hit return and wait a minute or 2.

I posted the thread about os x and global preferences. I have used this command and have had no problems since. One thing though. If this does not work. you may need to do a system file check and then run the command. Don't ask me why, but the commands worked fine on my 2 imacs and then I went to my ibook and it didn't work. I tried it several times and finally ran a file system check, although nothing appeared to be wrong as soon as I typed the command the next time it worked.

Back