OsX crashes during install!!! Help...

spiga

Registered
I read somewhere the cause of this is that, OS X doesn't install on slave ide drives. not a problem, I reconfig, so that the slave that I was trying to insall on.. is now the Master...

I still can't get it to work. Another thing I did, was drag all of the osx stuff into the trash!

After reading this forum.. I found out that was avery bad thing....

Anyway.. This HD that I installed was a brand new Maxtor 80gb HD... I don't have the option to reformat or to lose data.. because it is also filled...

i need help... I cna't figrue out what I'm doing wrong..

G4 450mhz, 256mb, Agp card/ voodoo3 card....

i have six HD in my computer. WD 27gb, Max27gb,2xMax40gb,Max60gb,Max80gb. Thers are connected to the Main ata contorller and a ATA card.

i have six HD in my computer. WD 27gb, Max27gb,2xMax40gb,Max60gb,Max80gb. Thers are connected to the Main ata contorller and a ATA card.

[/B]

Why dont you move the data from one of the other drives to the drive your having problems with and then try on that drive that is empty???? Good Luck, youll need it.....

Make sure your ATA CD-ROM from which you are doing the install is not slave. it has to be master.
your HDD has to be master AND the partition you are installing it on should have logical sector 0 (the first partition on the drive). Yup, that means copying your first partition on your Maxtor to another one and then formatting the first partition and then installing OS X on it.

If you format it yourself, make sure you set it to HFS extended.

Good luck!

Back