Outlook 5 for Jaguar, Mail Lost????

cory1848

Registered
I have just upgraded to 10.2.8 from 10.1.5 on my Powerbook Ti 500 and I cant seem to find my outlook 5 mail. All the folders seem empty. I didnt think that this should have been affected by the upgrade. Nothing else seemed to be touched besides the obvious system, All my favorites with IE 5.2 are there, and all my other non mac programs are there and untouched. Does a system upgrade wipe out email? Or is it just hiding somewhere within the system? Please help.

sounds very weird. Did you check your home/Library/Preferences folder and also home/Library/Application Support? Go by the folder sizes. Sometimes the mails are hidden in subfolders or all listed in one single file.

Zammy-Sam said:
sounds very weird. Did you check your home/Library/Preferences folder and also home/Library/Application Support? Go by the folder sizes. Sometimes the mails are hidden in subfolders or all listed in one single file.

To help me limit down places to look, since Outlook is a OS9 program, would the mail be stored in the OS9 System folder? Or in the OSX Library? I ask my friend and he said on the PC side, whenever one updates the OS, mail get wiped out if its not archived. I did not archiving and I am praying that the mail is somewhere. Would there be any reason why the mail would have been deleted?

why os9? I thought you moved from 10.1.5 to 10.2.8? Or did you use it in the classic mode? You should search in your os9 folder then. Did you run outlook in the classic mode again as well?

Zammy-Sam said:
why os9? I thought you moved from 10.1.5 to 10.2.8? Or did you use it in the classic mode? You should search in your os9 folder then. Did you run outlook in the classic mode again as well?

Its actually my friends computer so I am kind of talking 3rd party here, but I did the upgrade. ITs outlook 5, whenever I click to open outlook, classic launches so I just assumed that it would be OS9 realted. Which OS 9 folder should I look in?

It's an OS 9 app.

Microsoft files are here;

Applications>Documents>Microsoft User Data

In the OS 9 System.

Start over :(

This time, use an OS X Native mail app;

Mail, Eudora, etc.

So I am SOL? Why would upgrading affect the mail app? the mail app has nothing to do with the upgrade? Starting over doesnt help get back the 400+ email that were lost. Any other options? A call has been put into the hosting company to see if they can reactivate all emails as new so they will download. Hopefully that will work...

Other than searching your drive for Microsoft, Outlook, etc, both visible and invisible, nothing else to do.

The upgrade shouldn't have caused this, but stranger things have happened.

I use a backup program to backup my finance and business files daily, and also include mail, bookmarks, etc. Just incase of something like this.

SOLVED!! With a little research on the microsoft site, found the folder. It gets tucked away under another folder in a different location. Thanks for the help, All the emails are accounted for.

Back