Outlook Ex. Contacts to text file

Joe Consumer

Registered
Dear Tech Folks,

I’m tearin’ my hair out to fix this.

I’m running OS 10.4.3 on my new PB G4. Trying to switch over from my old broken PB G3 OS9 that smashed on the floor!!!! I’m having trouble moving my 800 Outlook Express 5.0.6 (running in classic) contacts to Mail. I got the messages OK but when I Export Contacts to a text file, only 200 of them appear. I’m in Outlook “desktop identity” and I noticed that the contacts that make it are an identical set to those in an older “Main Identity”. Very Peculiar. There they are in my address book, all 800 of them, but only 200 can be exported to text. I’m starting to cut and paste to make new cards for all these people - an hour later I’m still in the A’s!!!!!!!!!

In desperation, I trashed all the old identities leaving only “desktop identity” - didn’t help. I tried importing the data to Mail directly by going to the “desktop identity” file in Documents/Microsoft User Data/Identities/Desktop Identity/Mailing Lists but I wasn’t allowed to do that. Seems like I must get Outlook to make me a text file of my contacts to transport the data. Only, outlook is not translating the contacts set that I am seeing in my Outlook address book!

I hope I explained this clearly. I’m not a tech savvy kind of guy, just an educated consumer trying to send out a message to my friends. Any ideas?

Joe

Back