Outlook Express And Os 9.2

Peyres

Registered
Hello,

I use Outlook Express 5.0.7 as my mail program on a Powerbook G4. I have never experienced trouble with
Mail until 2 days ago when the system crashed while I was using O/Express. My mail is VERY critical to me and I need URGENTLY to gain access to it.

What happens now when I try to Load Mail is I get a message "An error occurred while launching Not enough memory"( I have a Gigabyte)

I have tried re-installing OE but when I try loading mail It Hangs with that message. I suspect that mail was corrupted in some way and I need some expert advice.- Probably editing the program. I live in the East bay area of SFO and would be willing to drive to an expert. I am conducting a Job Search, and ALL my contacts, schedules and interview material for 5 months is in those files including everything in the works right now.
Can someone please help?

Very Best Regards

Paul Eyres.
San Ramon, CA 94582
415-533-8830
925-735-3617
eyresmail@aol.com

You need to check the preferred memory settings of Outlook.

Go to the Outlook folder and click just once on the Outlook Express main icon. This will just highlight the icon.
Go to the File menu and select Get Info.
A new window will open. Look at the very bottom of that window. You will see minimum memory, suggested memory and preferred memory. You ned to change the numbers in preferred memory.
Move the mouse to the preferred memory box and click once. Just change the numbers in that box. Start with adding 5,000 k more to what is already there.

As I recall, Outlook can run smoothly with 11,000k set in the preferred memory box.

Back