Palm Sucks The Big One!

bkaron

Yep, That's Me!
I have never gottin' around to it, but the problem is getting worse. I sent Palm an e-mail stating how I would like them to fix the problem. This "problem" has been occuring for over 3 years :eek:

There is no problem with the palm. The problem lies within the company. STOP E-MAILING ME ADS. It's not like you guys send me one a week. I'm getting at least 2 a day. TAKE ME OFF YOUR E-MAIL LIST, I'M SO SICK OF THIS BULL S**T. I ALLREDY HAVE A PALM, I'M NOT PLANING ON BUYING ANOTHER ONE! You guys have until Monday, or I will call, and I will e-mail you this message over and over, and If I'm not satisfied, with your actions, I WILL e-mail this message at least five times a day, and call every day until I stop getting palm e-mails.

Please stop sending e-mails to the following addresses:

- bkaron@tampabay.rr.com
- lkaron@tampabay.rr.com

Thanks for your time!
- Brandon

So, is it good :confused:

Leave out the BS part, and rephrase with something like "I am absolutely fed up with your non-compliance to my wishes."
Then you may want to threaten to never buy a Palm brand (there is Sony after all) again unless they cease and desist.

well, it is a very strong term, and doesn't have to be legal. You can claim that they are spamming you. It doesn't hurt.

Here is the new message:

There is no problem with the palm. The problem lies within the company. STOP E-MAILING ME ADS. It's not like you guys send me one a week. I'm getting at least two a day! TAKE ME OFF YOUR E-MAIL LIST; I AM ABSOLUTELY FED UP WITH YOUR INADEQUATE SAILES TACTICS. I ALLREDY HAVE A PALM, I'M NOT PLANING ON BUYING ANOTHER ONE! You guys have until Monday, or I will call, and I will e-mail you this message over and over, and If I'm not satisfied, with your actions, I WILL e-mail this message at least five times a day, and call every day until I stop getting palm e-mails. Plus at the rate you guys are going, I will never buy a Palm product ever again!

Please stop sending e-mails to the following addresses:

- bkaron@tampabay.rr.com
- lkaron@tampabay.rr.com

Thanks for your time!
- Brandon

Hoe bout' dat' :D ::ha::

Honestly, it sounds as if a 14-year-old wrote it. You'll get far better results by cleaning up the language and fix the spelling errors. Do a quick search and include some palm management types.
That said, have you been to the website and simply put yourself on the unsubscribe list? After, delete any cookies from the website. And you can always put the letters under spam and never have to give them a second thought.
Worse thing comes to worst, place a telephone call to someone at palm high up and give them an earful.

Sailes=sales, Allreddy=already, not satisfied (no comma needed, too many in letter), e-mails=e-mail.

A couple of good !!! at the end always work, though. :D

I must disagree, many times poorly written letters receive much more attention then eloquently drafted sermons. Most would rather spend hours listening to a two year old babble and gurgle words of wisdom from the heart then read a doctoral thesis meant only to persuade.

If i were running an ice cream factory and received a crayon written letter telling us that my ice cream tastes funny I will in fact involve myself more into finding the problem with our product than from a lengthy well written letter from a lawyer saying that our products taste was not quite the same as his previous purchase and he demands and immediate refund and will never purchase from us again.

I agree with you, mi5moav, but since BK was soliciting advice, I chimed in with my opinion. Palm is not an ice cream shop but a corporate entity with many layers of red tape to wade through to have a solution fixed.
The person who gets the e-mail above will have no idea what it entails, just that it's a rant and someone's unhappy.
And there's a difference between a rant on an e-mail sent to an electronics company than some unhappy kid writing in crayon to a local shopkeeper.
Personally, I'd just unsubscribe from the e-mail from the palm website or block the e-mails from whatever e-mail app I was using. Then I'd switch to a Clie and be done with the entire thing.

Might want to remove the email addresses from your posts if you're concerned about spam though...

Yaaaaa... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dear Brandon,

Thank you for making PalmOne™ your choice of connected handheld.

For instant answers to your technical questions, please visit the Palm

Knowledge Base on the Palm Web site at http://kb.palmone.com <http://kb.palmone.com/>

We would like to acknowledge that we have received your email.

Brandon, in response to your request, we would like to inform you that your account has been disabled. Your account will automatically be enabled if you send us an email.

If you have other inquiries, please don’t hesitate to write back to us.

Kind Regards,

Anna

palmOne Technical Support - North America

That is a truly lame response by palm, if they weren't gonna sort it out they shouldn't have answered, now they just look stupid. Along the lines others have mentioned, i would aim your email at someone fairly high up the ladder at palm.

I've had very similar problems in the past, and have normally got out of them with a bit of artistic license in describing myself. I run a couple of occasional businesses (outside catering of various sorts), and so i set up a signature that describes me as an "Operations Director" of my company (the trick is being high up a company but not unrealistically high up). I then try and be polite while being firm about my demands. If necessary you can mention that you are wasting too much of your businesses time sorting out the problem, and if it doesn't get fixed you'll pass it on to your legal department. That one really tends to get people moving, and it doesn't actually threaten litigation, just passing on the problem to someone likely to be a lot less easy to deal with than you are.

I've used this method to stop spam, get faulty goods replaced, sort out shipping problems from goods bought online etc etc and its always seemed to work well.

yours sincerely

<my name>
Operations Director
The Lazy Gourmet Ltd.
<My address>

ps- if giving your address and it is a flat/apartment, try calling it a "suite" instead- thats what several of my friends who run businesses do.

Quick-and-dirty fix: block the sending address. Sure, it may not cure the disease, but it will get rid of the symptoms.

Palm only sends you the "palm newsletter" if you OPT IN to receive it when you register your palm device....

Back