Panther: Emailing received fax

larry98765

Registered
Hi All,

Been playing around with my new Panther install, and am having a problem:

I set up to receive faxes. They come through fine and get put into the folder of my choice. But I've also set it to email the fax to my email address but nothing happens. Never sends an email. I checked the obvious: correct address, checked on, etc. Even have Mail opened when it happens, tho I wonder if that's necessary.

Any ideas?

Does it use the built in mail server to send the messages? if so you may need to configure it. Sendmail is not there, so you may need to config Procmail so that it acts as your smpt server.

Qwerty

larry98765 said:
Hi All,

Been playing around with my new Panther install, and am having a problem:

I set up to receive faxes. They come through fine and get put into the folder of my choice. But I've also set it to email the fax to my email address but nothing happens. Never sends an email. I checked the obvious: correct address, checked on, etc. Even have Mail opened when it happens, tho I wonder if that's necessary.

Any ideas?

Hi Qwerty,

Thanks for your reply, but could you elaborate? I don't know what procmail is. And why wouldn't Apple's help say anything about setting that up in order for fax email forwarding to work?

L

Back