Panther preview will be handed out at WWDC

kendall

Registered
On Monday, June 23, Steve Jobs kicks off WWDC with a 10:00am keynote
presentation. And that's just the beginning. Each attendee receives
a preview copy of the next major release of Mac OS X, access to more
than 160 cutting-edge technical sessions, 70 exhibits, 8 hands-on
labs, and a full schedule of special events.

Best of all, you can still be a part of this major Mac event!
Register online today or on-site at Moscone Center West, located at
4th and Howard. On-site registration is open from 12 Noon to 8 PM on
Saturday, 7 AM to 8 PM on Sunday, and beginning at 7 AM on Monday.
http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

Lucky Bastards
icon8.gif
;)

It's only a matter of hours until one of those is uploaded. Nothing illegal about that, is there? That's what voluntary beta testing is for, no?

Well, it is illegal for all the people attending that receive a copy to post it on some warez/p2p network, but it won't stop people from doing it..

trust me, if apple was worried about it being pirated, they wouldnt be handing it out to 1000s of people. just like apple "accidentally" posted G5 specs on the applestore the other night. if you think that was an accident, you probably believe in the easter bunny as well.

its all part of the hype wagon apple likes to create right before the big show.

He's right. Apple wants it out. They want every one of us running it on our machines. And that can only mean that it's truly groundbreaking. They're not gonna go through all this trouble so that we can all gasp in awe over iChat 2.0 and the new iCal. They have something up their sleeves, and we'll all find out late monday night, when we're all running Panther Beta;)

Originally posted by kendall
trust me, if apple was worried about it being pirated, they wouldnt be handing it out to 1000s of people. just like apple "accidentally" posted G5 specs on the applestore the other night. if you think that was an accident, you probably believe in the easter bunny as well.

its all part of the hype wagon apple likes to create right before the big show.

Probably right, but, I'm sure legally, they don't allow people to distribute it. That being said, it doesn't bother me one bit;)

Originally posted by Dlatu1983
He's right. Apple wants it out. They want every one of us running it on our machines...

This is true. Apple's best selling software is still supposed to be Mac OS X 10.2...so 10.3 is prolly gonna be the same ;)

Originally posted by Stridder44
This is true. Apple's best selling software is still supposed to be Mac OS X 10.2...so 10.3 is prolly gonna be the same ;)

Are they including the sales figures from the OS X that is included with each new Mac? Then yes, I'd imagine it's their best seller :D

Apropos: Don't post links to sources for the .dmg's after WWDC. Read the board rules... ;-)

Originally posted by RPS
Apropos? I don't see his post, and have never seen a post by him?

Lol, that was my first reaction to Fryke's post. Sadly, the Swiss guy knows my native tongue better than I do =)

Rip

there's even a UNIX command named apropos... try in Terminal:

"apropos text"

(without the quotes...)

Please, look for the other threads on the topic! And yes, there is a screen shot, if you bother to look.

apropos, anyone with a basic understanding of how carracho works will have no trouble finding .dmg's

furthermore, fryke, your censorship is unwelcome and unwarranted. Carracho has many many legitimate uses and I broke no rules by posting what I did, (yes I read them). Next time you delete one of my posts please email or message me with a explanation and it had better be for a damn good reason.:mad:

(quite frankly insulting anyone is out of the question around here, especially moderators... so please be careful :) - Jason)

Back