Parallels and XP read-only problem

tfrysinger

Registered
I have Parallels latest version, and XP Pro with all current patches running on an external hard drive attached to my Intel dual-core MacBook Pro. I am attempting to use a ClearCase client for Windows XP to write into a shared folder that exists on the MacBook Pro internal hard drive.

I have all kinds of other files on this same shared folder written by various applications under XP (Word, Excel, etc).

As part of using the IBM ClearCase client for Eclipse under XP, when I establish a new view the client needs to create a new folder in which to write files. I have indicated the place for it to do so is a sub-folder of my shared folder. Both the Parallels shared folder and sub-folder I have indicated for the new view have all read/write permissions under OSX (as reported by getInfo).

The ClearCase wizard successfully creates a new folder in the sub-folder, and a file in this new folder. Then at the point it attempts to rename that file to something else, it errors out. The message indicates a permissioning problem (r-x permissions detected).

At this point if I look at the folder it created in the subfolder, it is reported in Windows XP as read-only!

In fact, I cannot change it from read-only within Windows XP.

Why is this the case?

Help!

regards,

Tad

Back