Parallels not recognizing ethernet

adi26

Registered
Hello,

I am trying to install Gentoo Linux on my macbook Parallels using the LIVE CD version. Anyways, after many long hours of installing Gentoo - I decided to continue my installation after lunch , so I put my macbook to sleep - after waking it up - I continued on my work on parallels , but this time the internet connection from my parallels does not seem to be responding.

I am afraid to restart the parallels image, because I would loose hours and hours of Gentoo installation - is there no way I can restart my ethernet card on Gentoo Linux using Linux commands?

I already 'ifconfig eth0 down' and 'ifconfig eth0 up' - but still having the same problem.

Help would be appreciated

Thanks

There probably is a way to restart the natd or dhcpd services of Parallels to get those working again without restarting the whole program.
Those services are probably located in /Library/Application Support/Parellels ---- I don't have Parallels installed but that is the location where I would put the natd and other network services for a virtualization program.

Putting your Mac to sleep does disable the network interfaces, so it might have negatlvely Parallels, which also negatively affected your Gentoo installation. Looks like you might have to restart Parallels in order to get that working again. Has this happened with other guest operating systems as well when you've put the Mac to sleep?

Bah....Giaguara beat me to it...and I'm glad she did! :p

I am afraid you are right; I have no choice but to re-install my GENTOO from start again because after putting my macbook to sleep - parallels does loose its network configurations and there is no way to bring them back without an image restart. I was hoping to avoid that , but oh well.

Thanks everyone

Back