php won't compile on Panther

Gnomo

Registered
I'm trying to compile php 4.3.3 on my iBook 500 MHz (newly upgraded to 10.3). I can't use the module apple ships because I need other options added to the configuration (namely the calendar enabled because I have to work with Windoze servers and they don't like negative timestamps in the mktime() function.)

When I try to compile, ./configure works just fine. I then run make and I get an error
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c: In function `zif_checkdnsrr':
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:228: error: `T_MX' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:228: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:228: error: for each function it appears in.)
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:239: error: `T_A' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:240: error: `T_NS' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:242: error: `T_PTR' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:243: error: `T_ANY' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:244: error: `T_SOA' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:245: error: `T_CNAME' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:256: error: `C_IN' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c: In function `zif_getmxrr':
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:288: error: `HEADER' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:288: error: `hp' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:317: error: `C_IN' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:317: error: `T_MX' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/gnomo/desktop/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:324: error: parse error before ')' token
make: *** [ext/standard/dns.lo] Error 1

Anyone know how to fix this? I have checked online and not found anything helpful. It seems the only other person that has experienced this is someone trying to compile php5 and they are told that "they must be doing something wrong" and that is pretty much the end of it.

Back