.pkg files

wdw_

Rockee
I can't get .pkg files to open.

I'm trying to install Mac OS 10.1.2. I opened the dmg file, it mouned then I open it and it has a pkg installer file, but when I double click it, it dosen't do anything.

I know this isn't just because I'm tring to install 10.1.2 because this has happened before.

Please help.:(

What you need to do is actually drag and drop the .pkg file onto the "Installer" application located in your Applications folder in the Utilities folder.

What you could also do is get info on the .pkg file. In the Get Info window, select "Open with application" in the drop down menu. From here, you can manually select the application "Installer" as the application needed to open this file, and also for every file in your system with the .pkg extension.

Hope this helps.

-kaos : ]

ok, people keep talking about 10.1.2 but i can't find it anywhere. is this just for developes at this point or am i mising something? I want to have problems installing it too!!

nope. I already tried the choose application thing before I posted this. So, I'm stuck. But I guess I really don't need 10.1.2, it was just curiosity.:rolleyes:

Soooo many years later... I'm on 10.4.2 and I'm having this problem. I don't see an INSTALLER application.

I hate being a MAC newbie.

Back