Powerbook gone crazy Disk Warrior trick?????

atman

Registered
I can't get my copy of DiskWarrior to boot at startup, plus my can't get my powerbook out of safe user mode. Nothing has worked. I'm curious if I run diskwarrior on my old "working imac" and connect my "bad powerbook" with a firewire cable and be able to have disk warrior repair the powerbooks startup disk.

I would just reinstall my software, but I bought the machine off ebay and the software didn't come with it :( The powerbook was running on 10.3.9
Imac= 10.2.1

Sorry if this sounds confusing.

ANY help would be helpful! thanks so much
desperate,
Arthur

Hm. You _will_ need the original disks probably. Or buy Tiger and clean install it on the PB. Since you just bought it, you won't lose much, I guess...

I actually bought it about a year and a half ago, it would be tragic to lose it all. I have some of it backed up, but not everything, not the important stuff.

atman said:
I actually bought it about a year and a half ago, it would be tragic to lose it all. I have some of it backed up, but not everything, not the important stuff.

I'd put your powerbook into target disk mode so it acts like a firewire disk and attach it to another mac, where you can copy off the data you need before reinstalling everything. You'll need to find another mac with enough free hard disk space to back up your files, and a 6pin to 6pin firewire cable. Hold down the "T" key after the startup chime, and if your Powerbook is connected to the other Mac, it will appear on the desktop as a firewire drive!

Back