powerbook held at sort facility?

heathpitts

Registered
I ordered a powerbook 12 this week and it was a bto model. It made it to indianapolis and then the tracking status says:

Shipments held at sort location

Shipments held at FedEx location: This shipment is being held at a FedEx location due to either the sender's request or unsuccessful delivery attempts.

What does this mean? Has anyone else ran into this problem? I know it is not unsuccessful delivery attempts because it is in indy and I am in alabama. What gives?

Ask them why it was held, and if they say sender's request, tell them that you did not request it be held.

My subscription to MacAddict was suspended after I received my January issue, but I didn't notice for a few months. I became wary when I had not received an issue for a while, and I went on their website to check my subscription's status. It said "suspended." I wasn't sure what this meant, so I let it languish for a little while. Finally, a few weeks ago, I wrote them an email asking why it was suspended and how I could unsuspend it, and they wrote back saying that my subscription had been reactivated.

Basically, even if you don't get the exact information you ask for, all you have to do is ask.

One other thought: Check the weather patterns and local news for Indianapolis. It's unlikely, but they may be experiencing some odd weather or unusual activity that kept delivery from happening. You never know until you check.

Got the powerbook 12 in friday. Backlight died after 30 minutes. Going to service center today.

Maybe I should have bought something else.

Back