Powerbook or PowerMac?

skidaniel

Registered
I am an intermediate computer-user, I do some Photoshop, In Design, Corel Draw, lots of office, lots of music, some gaming, and basically am in search of a really stable, kick-ass computer. I like the mobility of a laptop, (was particularly useful in college which i am graduating from in the spring), but will be moving back home in the summer, so the need for a laptop is somewhat diminished, although i love taking it around the house with me to browse the web, edit photos, etc. I am used to laptops and feel you get alot more computer when you can take it with you. I also like to have everything in one place.

What should I get? I am at least going to wait until next Tues when the 15.3" Alubook might come out.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks, Dan

PowerMac or Powerbook? Both great machines.

if you can afford it, I would say definately get the 17" Powerbook. I am going to order one pretty soon, to replace my 15" model. EVERYONE that sees the 15" Powerbook is impressed by it. EVERYONE. You are looking for a notebook that is a desktop replacement, and the 17" is the only one now that can really claim to be a desktop replacement due to its screen. My 500mhz Powerbook is plenty fast enough for everything you listed, except maybe gaming, but my computer has 8mb of video memory and the new one has 64, and twice the processor speed, so it should be very good. 17" Powerbook all the way.

you can't go wrong either way, just remember that the longer term investment goes to the powermac.
if portability is your thing, my ultimate setup would be get the dp 1.25GHz G4 and a 17" monitor, and the $999 ibook. the size of the ibook makes it a great travel companion.
all of that is only about $400 more than getting the single 17" powerbook. too bad the $999 ibook doesn't come with a dvd drive.

...buy a 12.1 aBook AND any PowerMac with 17" Display :D

If money MATTERS but you want portability+power buy the 15.x tBook ;)

If money MATTERS but you want ABSOLUTE power buy ANY PMac :rolleyes:

If loads of money is your game buy the 17" aBook AND the 2x1.42 PMac beast with 23" Cinema Display :D

Personally I have a tBook 1GHz and I would like to have that 1.42 dual+20" Display ;) but not the 17" aBook or 23" Display with PMac because they take TOO much space :eek:

But I think that you can't go wrong by buying ANY Mac that it's name starts with Power ;)

Back